AN OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME A PRODUCED SCREENWRITER
We will be commissioning at least one short film with
a budget between $9000-$15,000.
The winning film(s) will be submitted to world-renowned film festivals,
as well as being shown to our Oscar winning Judges, Production Companies,
Agents and Managers.
The filmmaking team will have the full support of Shore’s staff all the way
through the production process, including equipment and
post-production service deals.
The fund is open to writers from all countries. Scripts must be in English. If a
writer wishes to direct his/her own script, then we are open to this discussion.
You can also submit via FilmFreeWay
Short Film Fund
If your script meets the Rules for both, then you will save $14 (£10) if you enter into both categories. This is a fixed-priced saving throughout the deadlines.
To do this, click on either the Short or Short Film Fund submission page. There you will see a dropdown box that allows you to submit your script to both categories. The price and discount will then automatically be updated.
The best Short Category screenplays are sent out to our roster of production companies, agents and managers. It doesn’t matter if it’s unfeasible to make your script for the allocated Short Film Fund budget, you can still be a winner and get noticed in the industry. Our submission dates run from 1st March – 31st Aug
The Short Film Fund is suited for screenplays that can realistically be made for the minimum grant awarded. Our Short Film Fund submission dates run from 15th Jan – 2nd May
Some scripts will be suited for both. There’s a discount if you enter both categories.
Our FINALISTS will be announced – 26th May 2018
The WINNER(s) and film budget will be announced – 6th June 2018
The Short Film Fund was setup in order to further support writers with helping to build up their body of work. This could be as solely a writer or potentially writer/director.
One of 2013’s Shore Scripts Short Winner, Ben Cleary, won a Best Live Short Oscar for his film, Stutterer. We know there are many talented writer/directors out there, so we’re completely open to this.
However, we would want to chat with the writer and see their previous work before making a final decision.
You can enter as many competitions as you like.
Yes. Anyone can enter from anywhere in the world. However, the script must be in English.
Yes – as long as it wasn’t one of our feature or short winners.
Only if you own the copyright, or the rights are in the public domain.
Yes. You can submit as many scripts as you wish. You will just need to go through the same process that you did with the first.
Click the SUBMIT button on your chosen Contest page. You will then be directed to our Coverfly submission page. You will be sent an email confirmation once we have received your script and submission fee.
Please email us at contact @ shorescripts.com for a discount if you are looking to enter several screenplays.
Once your script has been submitted, we will log it on our system and send you a confirmation email to let you know we’ve received it.
Each script is read twice: once by one of our industry script readers, and then by one of our internal staff members. Feedback is collated and discussed as we decide on which scripts are to progress to the next round.
All applicants will be informed via email of the Quarter, Semi, Finalists and Winners. These will also be on our website.
You will receive an email from us once you have completed your submission. Your will also receive a receipt from Stripe or Paypal. Once the competition has closed, we will email everyone who has entered with all the announcement dates. We will keep informed throughout the year. It’s also worth signing up to our Mailing List.
It doesn’t need to be. But if you feel more comfortable doing so, you can do it here.
We accept all major credit cards. Our online payment systems, Stripe & Paypal, handle millions of sites worldwide, so it’s completely secure.
Only the Script Title. Please DO NOT include your Name, Email, Cell, Postal Address or any other information.
$9000 is the minimum grant amount that Shore Scripts will award to our overall winner. The max is $15,000. The final total will be determined once we review our chosen winner, and discuss the project with our sponsors.
We prefer to receive scripts as a PDF format. However, we do accept: Final Draft, MovieMagic, .doc, .rtf and .txt files.
Great news! However, you will no longer be eligible for the competition or be entitled to get your entry fee refunded.
It can be about anything! It’s all about the quality of the writing. Some of the things we take into account when reviewing a screenplay are: premise, structure, characterization, dialogue, tone and originality.
The Shore Scripts Team will be solely responsible for choosing the winning script that will go into production.
Because the competition is all about helping upcoming screenwriters break in and establish themselves in the industry.
Previous prizes won in other screenwriting competitions do not count towards this total.
* Scripts should approximately be within 2-35 pages
* You are free to set your script anywhere in the world.
* Writers from all countries are welcome to enter. All scripts must be written in English.
* We accept Short Scripts, Animations, Web Series, and Proof of Concept Shorts.
* All ages can enter.
* All genres welcome.
* You may submit as many scripts as you wish.
* All screenplays submitted must be the writers original work, or they own the copyright.
* Shore Scripts and the filmmaking team will share equal responsibility for sending the film to festivals.
* If a writing team enters, then all the writers must consent.
* Short Scripts will have the final call on cast, crew and edit.
* You may enter the same screenplay into both the Short Contest and Short Film Fund if it fits between both category page counts. There will be a discount for entering both contests.
* To help the environment, Shore Scripts only accepts electronic entries.
* Each writer, or writing team, may not have earned more than $30,000 (£24,000 approx) in screenwriting fees since 2010. Screenwriting cash awards do not count toward this total.
* Shore Scripts staff and associates are unable to enter this fund.
* You may enter a newer draft of an already submitted script. There will be a small fee involved. You may re-enter you script through the Resubmission page.
* Scripts should be formatted at size 12 Courier.
* The script file formats we accept are: PDF (preferred) Celtx, Final Draft, MovieMagic, RTF, DOC & TXT.
* The winners consent to Shore Scripts using their name, script title, and any other relevant information for promotional purposes on their website. This will be used to inform other contestants and the media of the results. We will also be unrestricted in how and where we promote the finished film.
* If Shore Scripts helps a writer gain representation, option, sell, or have his/her screenplay produced, then we are entitled to state this on our website and on any other platforms whenever we see fit.
* The decision of Shore Scripts is final. By applying to this fund each participant agrees to hold Shore Scripts, our judges and sponsors immune from any competition disputes, claims, liabilities and expenses.
* If the writer wishes to direct his or her own script, then it will be given serious consideration. A previous portfolio of work will help in making this decision.
* Shore Scripts will be one of the production companies on the project.
* The budget will either go through Shore Scripts or be transferred to a freelance producer.
* We are open to working with filmmakers known to the winner. We will also consider co-productions and additional funding from outside sources.
* By entering Shore Scripts, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing and/or transmitting your submission file(s).
* There is no set shoot date.