Last Modified: June 17, 2020
This Policy describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your information through https://www.shorescripts.com (our “Website”) and any other websites, features or online services that are owned or controlled by Shore Scripts (together with the Website, the “Service” or “Services”).
A core element of our mission is our commitment to protect your personal information and to be transparent about the data we collect about you, how it is used, and with whom it is shared.
The Service is general audience and intended for users 13 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone younger than age 13.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, such as your contact information when you submit a screenplay, or email address if you choose to sign up for our newsletter. Other types of information we collect is information related to how you use our platform, which helps us improve our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
The categories of information we collect are:
- Personal Information: In the course of submitting a screenplay, we collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your first and last name and email address.
- Payment Information: If you choose to submit a screenplay, we will ask for your payment information, such as credit card, billing address, and other financial information necessary to complete your transaction. By submitting your Payment Information, you consent to our providing your Payment Information to those Authorized Third-Party Service Providers, such as Stripe, as are reasonably necessary to support and process your transactions as well as your credit card issuer and banking institution.
- Special Categories of Data: You may voluntarily choose to provide your race/ethnicity in the course of submitting your screenplay. This information will not be shared with anyone outside of Shore Scripts for the stated purposes of contest administration and with Coverfly, who we partner with to process submissions on our platform.
When you provide us with information by submitting a screenplay or otherwise sign up for our Services you agree that such action constitutes a purchase or inquiry establishing a business relationship with us. You expressly consent to receiving communications from Shore Scripts through the information you provided to us. For more information on how to access and control your communication preferences, please see YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION, below.
Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, We and our third-party service providers, including analytics and third-party content providers, may automatically collect certain information from you whenever you access or interact with the Service.
- Usage Information. Details of your visits to our Website, including which links you clicked on, content response times, location data, logs, and other similar communication data and statistics about your interactions.
- Device Information. Information about your computer and internet connection, including your Internet Protocol address, operating system, and browser type.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, analytics, and site functionality.
Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Web Beacons: We and our operational partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” and/or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what content on our Service is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you, and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Service, to monitor how Shore Scripts Users navigate the Service, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts: We and our operational partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Service.
Information Received from Third Parties
We also may receive information about you from third parties. For example, we and our partners, affiliates and service providers may use a variety of other technologies (such as tags) that collect statistical data relating to your Website activity for security and fraud detection purposes.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To process your screenplay submissions
- To inform you on any active submissions
- To send through script coverage
- To best vest who in the industry to forward the script
- To deliver, provide, and process payment for a product or Service you have requested.
- To improve our Services.
- To address your inquiries.
- To administer and develop our business relationship with you and, if applicable, the corporation or other legal entity you represent.
- To communicate and promote to you products, services, offers, updates, and events offered by Shore Scripts
- To comply with legal requirements and assist law enforcement.
- To protect the property rights of Shore Scripts or a third party.
- To protect the safety of the public or any person.
- To stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or a legally actionable activity.
- For the purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information, and
- As otherwise permitted with your consent.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Contractual Necessity: To provide you with the Shore Scripts Service and perform the contract that you have with us.
- Legitimate Interests: It is in our legitimate interests to improve and analyze our Service, promote our products, prevent fraudulent transactions, maintain security of our Services, and provide functionality.
- Consent: In instances where we ask for consent, you may way withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. Please see the Contact Us section or more information.
HOW WE DISCLOSE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- With our service providers and network partners:
- We partner with service providers such as Coverfly and Filmfreeway to help process your screenplay submissions.
- We employ third party companies and individuals to provide Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related operations (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, fraud detection and improvement of Shore Scripts’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information in order to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- For corporate transactions
- Shore Scripts may share information, including Personal Information, with any current or future subsidiaries or affiliates, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets (including, in each case, as part of the due-diligence process with any potential acquiring entity) or in the event of bankruptcy.
- When required by law
- Shore Scripts will share information with government agencies as required by law in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements and, including without limitation, in connection with reporting earnings. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), or, at the request of governmental authorities or other third parties conducting an investigation where we determine in our sole discretion the disclosure is necessary to (a) protect the property and rights of Shore Scripts or a third party, (b) protect the safety of the public or any person, or (c) prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or pose a risk of being, illegal, fraudulent, unethical or legally actionable activity. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify Shore Scripts Users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties at our discretion.
- With your Consent
- You may submit personal information to us through a form on the Website and consent to receive communication from us or our business affiliates and non-affiliates based on the information in the form.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several ways to exercise control over your information:
- E-Mail: You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Service (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means and these transactional account messages may be unaffected if you opt-out from receiving marketing communications.
- Right to Access, Rectify (Correct), Delete, and How to Opt-Out:
- Depending on where you are located, you may have certain rights with regard to your Personal Information. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to access, update or remove your Personal Information.
- Upon request Shore Scripts will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by making updates to that information or by contacting Shore Scripts. If you request to access all personal information you’ve submitted, we will respond to your request to access within 30 days or as otherwise required by law.
- We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your requests for deletion; however, certain residual information may actively persist on the Service even if you close your account. In addition, the rights described above may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping (such as for fraud prevention purposes). Your Personal Information may remain in our archives and information you update or delete, or information within a closed account, may persist internally for our administrative purposes, to the extent permitted by law. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases. In addition, we typically will not remove information you posted publicly through or on the Service. Bear in mind that neither you nor Shore Scripts can delete all copies of information that has been previously shared with others on the Service. If your information is deleted, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you ask to close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Services.
California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
We do not sell your Personal Information with nonaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act may provide you with additional privacy rights, including applicable rights and disclosures stated in the preceding sections, with respect to our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. For more information on how to exercise your rights, please contact us at: email@example.com
Our Services are hosted and offered in the United States of America (US), and are subject to US federal, state, and local law. If you are accessing the Services from another country, please be advised that you may be transferring your personal information to us in the US, and you consent to that transfer, processing and storage of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. You also agree to abide by the applicable laws of applicable US federal, state, and local laws concerning your use of the Services and your agreements with us. Any persons accessing our Services from any jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing the use of the Internet, including the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, different from those of the jurisdictions mentioned above may only use the Services in a manner lawful in their jurisdiction. If your use of the Services would be unlawful in your jurisdiction, you may not use our Services.
We use physical, technical and organizational measures designed to protect your information against unauthorized access, theft and loss. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know that information to service your account or perform their job functions.
Although we take precautions intended to help protect information that we process, no system or electronic data transmission is completely secure. Any transmission of your personal data is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate security measures to protect your personal information.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and the information in your account. We may suspend your use of all or part of the Services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. You understand and agree that we may deliver electronic notifications about breaches of security to the email address on record on your account.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Website);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable; and considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT SHORE SCRIPTS